● Multitrack Audio recording and MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
● Unique Session View for nonlinear composition, flexible performance and improvisation
● Real-time warping of audio: automatically sync music and loops, regardless of tempo
● MIDI-mappable controls for hands-on creation onstage or in the studio – plus automatic mapping for popular hardware controllers
● Comping: select and combine the best of multiple passes of an audio or MIDI performance.
● Group tracks: use multiple levels of groups to mix with greater flexibility and manage detailed arrangements more easily.
● Note chance and velocity chance: set the probability that a MIDI note or drum hit will occur and define ranges for velocity probability to generate pattern variations and humanize dynamics.
● Updated Instrument Racks: Combine multiple instruments and effects into a single device
● Updated MIDI Effect Racks: Combine MIDI effects into a single device
● Tempo following: Live adjusts its tempo in real time based on an incoming audio signal
● Built-in audio effects for creative sound design, mixing or mastering
● Advanced sampling tools
● VST2, VST3 and Audio Unit support
● MIDI Polyphonic Expression: allows MPE-capable devices to control multiple parameters of every note in real time for more expressive instrumental performances.
● Groove engine to apply swing to audio or MIDI, or extract rhythmic feel from other audio files
● Import video as a clip and save modified video and audio
Live is fast, fluid and flexible software for music creation and performance. It comes with all kinds of effects, instruments, sounds and creative tools – everything you need to make any kind of music.
Use Live’s linear Arrangement View to sequence your music, or the Session View to improvise and try out ideas without the constraints of a timeline. Change the tempo and timing of any audio in real time without stopping the music thanks to Live’s warping. Record MIDI or real-world instruments, vocals or other audio, using Live’s creative features to perfect your performance, spark new ideas, or turn spontaneous moments into music.
Build your sound with Live’s rich range of instruments and effects, or shape a diverse collection of curated Packs into something new. And since the software lets you do everything in real time and is endlessly customizable, it’s perfect for live performance and hands-on play, whatever your setup.
And finally there’s Push: Ableton’s instrument built specifically for Live, which gives you all the functionality of software with the immediacy of hardware.
New in Live 11
Live’s latest creative features, devices and sounds include:
● Comping: combine the best of multiple passes of an audio or MIDI performance into your perfect take. Or approach sound design in a new way by splicing together random samples from your library.
● MPE compatibility: get your hands on an MPE controller and add bends, slides and pressure for each individual note in a chord, make subtle expression variations, morph between chords, and create evolving sonic textures.
● New devices: stretch, shift and blur signals with Spectral Resonator and Spectral Time. Put sounds in any real or unreal space with the Hybrid Reverb. Generate ideas with Inspired by Nature – six devices based on natural and physical processes – or add jittery glitches, delayed digital shimmers and more with Pitch Loop89.
● Features for the stage: with tempo following, Live adjusts its tempo in real time based on incoming audio, making it a dynamic part of your band. Create builds, drops and instant variations to sounds during a performance using Macro Snapshots. Racks now offer between 1 and 16 Macros, and you can randomize their states with the push of a button.
● Tools to add chance: note chance and velocity chance features let you define probability of notes and velocity values, generating surprising variations to your patterns, or humanized variation in their dynamics.
● New sound packs: Voice Box for experimental vocal manipulation, Mood Reel for modern narrative-setting, and Drone Lab for sustained tones and textures. Plus the three new Upright Piano, String- and Brass Quartet Packs – created in collaboration with Spitfire Audio – capture popular orchestral instrument combinations in intimate, expressive detail.
Instruments, effects and sounds:
● 4 instruments: Simpler, Impulse and Drum Rack and Instrument Racks
● 21 audio and 11 MIDI effects
● 1500+ sounds
● 5+GB of loops and samples
Technical feature spec / compatibility:
● Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
● Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
● Automatic plug-in delay compensation
● Ableton Link integration
● MIDI remote control instant mapping
● MIDI output to hardware synths
● MIDI Clock/sync
● Multicore/multiprocessor support
● WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
● 16 Audio and MIDI tracks
● 16 Scenes
● 2 Send and return tracks
● 8 input and 8 output audio channels
● Capture MIDI